<$BlogRSDUrl$>

curious thoughts and remembrances

Sunday, May 16, 2004

Summer Plans 

For the past couple of days, I've been scouting out some recording equipment. It's been about 3 years since I had decent gear to record songs with, so needless to say, I'm pretty excited. I plan on making an album this summer... I'm not sure what it's going to turn out to be. I've been writing a few songs on my guitar in the past couple of months, but that's pretty much just chords and words. In terms of production, I've been thinking of experimenting with drum'n'bass against acoustic (folky?) songs. It just makes sense to me. In my head, it sounds like it will work out, but we'll see what I can actually make out of it. I'd like to make more of a marriage between indie rock and dance music, not that I've ever really made either of those. To listen to some of my past recordings (almost all 3+ years old) check out this. You should all be very excited about these upcoming recordings. They represent years of growth and general change. The most significant musical aspect to these past years is the realization that if I'm going to make music that I intend for other people to listen to, I can't be as selfish as I'd like. Put another way, I'm taking production itself as seriously as I take songwriting now (not that I've ever taken any of it too seriously). I'd like to end up with something that you can turn to 11 and drive to a party to. THAT sounds ridiculous now that I've typed it, but I'll leave it. Blah, enough of this. Get ready for some semi-mopey acoustic songs accompanied by an ass-obliterating beat. That's really all I'm trying to say. But enough about the future.

Today I spent some time with Friendster. Man, has it grown. The number of people has grown immensely, and everyone's got such a nice picture now! My current picture is over a year old... it needs changing. My hair doesn't look like that anymore, and I've been told by at least one friend that it looks very emo, which in some circles now is just straight-up derogatory. But what's the point of Friendster anyway? When I was (completely) single, it offered some sort of interest. The time-to-time gallery search, looking for Ms. Austin... what a waste. I can thank friendster for approximately one bad memory, that's it. Next.

Blogging is really stupid.

You're really stupid.

I just got home from a party.

WeatherBug says it's 67 degrees at the airport now.

Current Music: Squarepusher - Massif (Stay Strong)

Current Feeling: The urge to pee.

I'm going to be productive now.

To those here for the first time: Hello.

To the rest of you: Good night.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?