<$BlogRSDUrl$>

curious thoughts and remembrances

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Another thing to worry about. 

I was reading a friend's blog just now, admiring various aspects of his writing, when it sunk in that it was time to go to bed, so I went to brush my teeth. I brushed them as usual, starting with the molars and so on, and finished with a gargle and a hack and a spit. The spit was bloody. This has happened before. Perhaps a toothbrush bristle hits my gum wrong, or I haven't flossed recently enough, and I get a little blood. So, I rinse out my mouth with some water. No blood. I hack again, and spit. Blood. I repeat this a few times and finally realize that the blood is coming not from my mouth, but my throat. And now I'm worrying. As I type, I feel coagulation in my throat, and an iron taste to my breath. I will go to sleep now, hoping that it has been some lack of sleep (there is certainly a lack) that has caused this bleeding. Correction, I will try to sleep, and wonder if maybe I saw a little blood in my spittle last night, or this morning. I will tell myself about the changes I need to make, the habits I need to curb. I guess I'm already telling myself these things. Good night, and may your throats be safe.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?