<$BlogRSDUrl$>

curious thoughts and remembrances

Thursday, November 27, 2003

The Neptunes are good, but not that good. 

Most of mainstream hiphop sucks, in my opinion. (Ooo, "big pimpin" is on, that song rules). I'm in San Antonio, and a little scatterbrained. I've tried my hand at rapping, just a little bit. I wonder if I could flow someday. Maybe if I can't reach flowdom, I could at least be a good producer. I like droppin beats.

Anyway.

Parker Posie is so cute it makes me sad. I watched "Waiting for Guffman" tonight. Not that great. Okay, but not that great. "This is Spinal Tap"... better. All those movies have the same people in them. Reminds me of Thespian Separatist productions.

I think I might get a cell phone soon. And contact lenses. And new socks. And a hot date. And a new laptop battery. And a car. Maybe a gym membership. Or just new running shoes.

I'm really tired of these anti-drug commercials. (Oo Missy Elliot! Hell yeah [watching mtv]). God Missy Elliot is cool. So cool she broke out the parentheses. Anyway, about those anti-drug commercials. They suck and they're just misinformation. The most recent one I saw (tonight, on mtv, of course) was a scene of a little girl, 4 or 5, walking towards a pool with a little floatie. She proceeds to put the floatie in the pool (the contrast is set to make the scene look very bleak) and then presumably she's about to try and get on the floatie and then drowns in the water. They cut the scene to black right before she gets in the pool. During this scene, there is a narrator saying something to the effect of "Don't worry, just tell her parents that you weren't really watching her because you were busy inside, getting stoned." WHAT? That's retarded. I have nothing more to say on that subject. You understand.

This show on mtv is kinda cool. It's like a hiphop dj mix, but with videos too. Continuous flow. Main problem is that a lot of the music sucks, and they show multiple videos by the same artist. I can never tell whose video it is. Is it R. Kelly's video, or is it Jay-z featuring R. Kelly? And, does Sean Paul have any of his own videos, or is he making a career off of just being that Jamaican-sounding guy singing in every damn club song you hear? They did show Big Boi's new video though, so that's tightbangin. I could live without Busta Rhymes, most of the time.

Clearasil acne wipes allow you to fight pimples even when you waitressing at a greasy diner. As long as you're hot.

Now Ludacris is on. I gotta finish this entry and dance in my livingroom. "WHEN I MOVE YOU MOVE! ... I'm lookin for a thick young lady to pull." Well put, 'cris, well put.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?