<$BlogRSDUrl$>

curious thoughts and remembrances

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

ti esrever dna ti pilf nwod gniht ym tuP 

Nasty's... is the place to be on Monday nights. I brought Paul out there for his first Nasty's experience. He left elated (and frustrated, but mostly elated). I enjoy the feeling of coming into a situation, feeling out of place, but still being myself. Especially when dancing is involved. It's fun to move.

For the second time ever it was pointed out to me tonight that I'm expressive with my hands. I haven't noticed this about myself b4. It is now an aspect of myself that I am happy with and aware of. Hopefully I won't become too aware of it though. That messes everything up. In my experience, self-awareness leads to self-consciousness which leads to awkwardness which leads to malcontent.

For Christmas, I want two turntables. I won't ask for them, as they're much too expensive. When I'm entrenched in a short-lived career as a lucrative contract web designer, I'll buy myself a pair of wheels of steel. For now I'll just marvel at Mel, Baby G, the Parakitachi crew, etc, and play with mixing MPthrizzee's in my bedroom, maybe performing at a few co-op parties and activist benefits. Beats are my treats, and nothing rhymes with rhythm.

And now, in the interest of blog relevance, I impart to you, my public: life is art, and vice versa. It is best to lose your preconceptions of art as being something beyond your everyday experience, and accept existence itself as a form of art. It is this type of notion that led to what have been called "Happenings" that started in the late 50's / early 60's. The fixation on the tangible will only bound your definition of art, and perhaps thus your concept of artistic value. When I shake my booty and dull my aural sensitivity in front of an 18-inch JBL woofer, I am simply adding another stroke to the canvas of my life. Life as art? Everyone knows that there's a lot of bad art out there in the world. Don't paint another watercolor sunset.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?