<$BlogRSDUrl$>

curious thoughts and remembrances

Monday, October 06, 2003

A job's a job, a check's a check 

Work! Looks like I landed a contract for some web design with a small software company. It's only about a week and a half of work, but it will hold me over for now, and it's something to add to my "portfolio". And tomorrow I have a meeting with a law firm that should hopefully result in a second contract to do a website for them. It feels good to have something to do.

I'm currently reading a collection of short stories by Lorrie Moore, referred to me by Nicole. She (Moore) often uses this "imperative" style; some of the stories are like lists of instructions that recount stories of dealing with generally shabby situations in life: have divorced parents, dating a married man. I give it the thumbs up, although I can only read sad prose for a limited period of time before I need to get back into something political, adventurous, or nostalgic. There's a certain danger in reading about too much sorrow that hits kind of close to home, ya know? Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

I love all of my friends' blogs, but Rhys' is just a level or two beyond! Yea Rhys! (Why oh why won't he link to me?)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?