<$BlogRSDUrl$>

curious thoughts and remembrances

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

This used to be my playground... 

I really hate walking around the UT campus lately. While school was out, it was cool, no one was really around. And before that, I was a student, so I was chillin' daily with my fellow learners. But now, I'm a stranger. Today, after a brief interlude with the UT temp services office ("call ya when we have somethin' for ya") I was walking aimlessly around campus, tired from waking up at 7am (I don't think I've done that since grade school), and dressed like a tool in a sorry attempt to get a temp job. It all felt very wrong. Here I was walking around the same campus I'd been walking around for 5 years now, except now I'm not taking any classes and I look stupid. I've become The Man's bitch. I kept my head down as I walked around for fear of seeing someone I knew that would say something like "Hey, what are you doing here!?!" which would lead me to mention how I need to find a job really badly so that's why I'm here... and then that leads to the old "yeah the job market really sucks right now" and I reply with the old "yeah, but I'm not really worried" even though I'm kind of scared shitless right now. There's always one sure way to deal with these anxieties, though. Happy Birthday Joe! I'm off to Lovejoy's.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?