<$BlogRSDUrl$>

curious thoughts and remembrances

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

I should be asleep... 

... I'm waking up at 8am tomorrow (today) to bike over to Architecture Professor Benedikt's house to help him set up some sort of MIDI system for him to make music. That will be fun if I can keep my eyes open. Last summer and fall I helped him with some research trying to find an objective measure of value in music. Sounds crazy huh? Well interestingly enough when you turn the analytical process on its head and use the research to generate what-should-be nice music, you get some pretty good results. I've been playing with the software I wrote for him, generating some tunes and layering things... it's not half bad. I'd like to flesh out the process and make a lot of songs and even a live set from it, but for now, none of it's leaving my bedroom walls.

The one other thing I'd like to do tonight is say a hello to a fellow named Keyur in the Great Beyond. He passed away recently, and although I did not know him, he was a familiar face in my computer science classes, and a friend to some of my friends. He is obviously missed, and, I dunno, I just wanted to write something for him.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?